• What asbestos is?
• Hazards of asbestos
• Different forms of asbestos
• Premises where asbestos may be found
• Occupations who are at main risk of exposure
• Asbestos diseases
• Precautions before commencing workactivities
• Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
• General emergency procedures
• What asbestos looks like/where it can be found?
• Guidance and publications.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
• Relate to legislative compliance concerning the safe use of ‘asbestos containing materials’
• Reduce the risk of exposure to asbestos • Raise awareness to the potential hazards of asbestos
• Take precautions before working near asbestos
• Know where asbestos can be found
• Identify the different forms of asbestos
• Gather information before starting work